Every mode of transport is represented in Bayswater: Rail, Bus, Rail/Bus Interchange, Cars, Bicycles, Motorised Chairs and Pedestrians.
An integrated Transport Study is essential to take advantage Bayswater's unique situation.
Why This Is A Key Focus Area
- Every mode of transport is represented in Bayswater: Rail, Bus, Rail/Bus Interchange, Cars, Bicycles, Motorised Chairs and Pedestrians.
- Every transport mode is interlinked and requires a cohesive future vision
- Parking pressures and conflicts exist between rail use, town centre use and residents
- The need to understand the responsibility to take advantage of the Capital Cost of Infrastructure Development of a railway line and station
- Cars currently dominate the Town Centre
- Bus interchange is clumsy and unsafe
- The bike path around the station is clumsy and unsafe
- The pedestrian journey lacks safety , is uncoordinated and with little integration.
- Access for all ages and abilities is not optimal
- Need to encourage (safe) walkability for a healthier community
- Once in a life-time opportunity to take advantage of the State investment in the Forrestfield Airport Link ( FAL)
Tools We Need To Support
This Key Focus Area
- In-depth all-inclusive Integrated Transport Study
- Consultation with and input from Perth Transport Authority, Main Roads WA, Bike West, RACWA, pedestrian groups and City of Bayswater
- Community Engagement and Consultation
Integrating transport and land use influences the quality of development, the sustainability of development and the reliability on cars.
“If planned effectively, TODs [Transit Oriented Development] can achieve substantial mode shift from private vehicles to public transport, as well as improve liveability for residents..”
The Benefits of Transit Oriented Development (Click Link)
Future Bayswater: Future Vision
What is wanted? A livable, vibrant and connected Town Centre.
Why? To become a "go-to" destination rather than a "go through" in desperation.
How to do this? By supporting a comprehensive Future Vision via an Activity Centre Plan.
Why Bayswater? It's a strategic inner urban hub that hasn't realised its full potential ... yet.
The 5 key other key areas of focus + action
Community Engagement & Consultation
Vibrancy Through Economic Development
Environmental Enhancement & Sustainablity
Diversity of Housing
Where will your children live?
Your demand for quality is important for the Future Bayswater that is being created.
There has been little change in 50 years but change is coming. How should it be managed?
This site and associated events will help inform our community on the elements of quality town centre planning, the benefits it can deliver and how we can advocate for optimal outcomes that meet the diverse needs and aspirations of current and future residents.
The Key Solution To A Future Bayswater That Is Livable, Vibrant And Connected Is A Robust, Rigorous Activity Centre Plan Supported By A Quality Future Vision
Find Out More About Future Bayswater Speaker Series
Leading housing, economics, planning, urban design, design and heritage experts
Follow the discussion of Future Bayswater on Facebook