Economic Development is the impetus behind vibrant hubs.
It's important that the planning regulations that attract investors to Bayswater are robust as well as supportive.
Why This Is A Key Focus Area
- There is an urgent need to attract investors/developers to create a retail/hospitality services and lifestyle hub to rival Maylands and Mt Lawley
- Planning regulations need to be robust, consistent and supportive to attract investors, otherwise they go elsewhere
- A vibrant hub offers local job opportunities
- A vibrant hub attracts interested and involved community members
- A vibrant hub offers needs regular activities and events via 'Placemaking'
Tools We Need to Support This Key
- Economic Development Strategy is required for the Town
- Demographic and Population Studies including migration figures
- Built Form Economic Study
- Public Space improvement strategy including funding sourced from rates and Development Contributions Schemes
Future Bayswater: Future Vision
What is wanted? A livable, vibrant and connected Town Centre.
Why? To become a "go-to" destination rather than a "go through" in desperation.
How to do this? By supporting a comprehensive Future Vision via an Activity Centre Plan.
Why Bayswater? It's a strategic inner urban hub that hasn't realised its full potential ... yet.
The 5 key other key areas of focus + action
Community Engagement & Consultation
Vibrancy Through Economic Development
Environmental Enhancement & Sustainablity
Diversity of Housing
Where will your children live?
Your demand for quality is important for the Future Bayswater that is being created.
There has been little change in 50 years but change is coming. How should it be managed?
This site and associated events will help inform our community on the elements of quality town centre planning, the benefits it can deliver and how we can advocate for optimal outcomes that meet the diverse needs and aspirations of current and future residents.
The Key Solution To A Future Bayswater That Is Livable, Vibrant And Connected Is A Robust, Rigorous Activity Centre Plan Supported By A Quality Future Vision
Find Out More About Future Bayswater Speaker Series
Leading housing, economics, planning, urban design, design and heritage experts.
Follow the discussion of Future Bayswater on Facebook