Ask Yourself: Where will your children live?
Without a diverse choice of housing in
Why This Is A Key Focus Area
- Bayswater lacks housing choices as outlined in the City of Bayswater Local Housing Strategy 2012
- Millennials, Baby Boomers and Empty Nesters have very few housing options
- Ask yourself: where will your children live?
- Mixed use development provides safety after hours through passive surveillance
- Mixed use development provides a mix of ages within the centre of the community
- Allows for aging in place
- Future proofing your local suburb
Tools We Need To Support This Key Focus Area
- Planning documents that encourage mixed uses
- WAPC endorsed and approved Activity Centre Plan
- Design Guidelines
- Design Advisory Commitee
- Robust planning documents
Future Bayswater: Future Vision
What is wanted? A livable, vibrant and connected Town Centre.
Why? To become a "go-to" destination rather than a "go through" in desperation.
How to do this? By supporting a comprehensive Future Vision via an Activity Centre Plan.
Why Bayswater? It's a strategic inner urban hub that hasn't realised its full potential ... yet.
The 5 key other key areas of focus + action
Community Engagement & Consultation
Vibrancy Through Economic Development
Environmental Enhancement & Sustainablity
Diversity of Housing
Where will your children live?
Your demand for quality is important for the Future Bayswater that is being created.
There has been little change in 50 years but change is coming. How should it be managed?
This site and associated events will help inform our community on the elements of quality town centre planning, the benefits it can deliver and how we can advocate for optimal outcomes that meet the diverse needs and aspirations of current and future residents.
The Key Solution To A Future Bayswater That Is Livable, Vibrant And Connected Is A Robust, Rigorous Activity Centre Plan Supported By A Quality Future Vision
Find Out More About Future Bayswater Speaker Series
Leading housing, economics, planning, urban design, design and heritage experts.
Follow the discussion of Future Bayswater on Facebook